Friday, June 12, 2009

Things I only realized I was grateful for when i moved away from home

Okay.. so I'm currently jobless and as a result I've had lots and lots of extra thinking time. So I decided to make a list of all the things that I'm really thankful for that I didn't realize until after I'd moved away from home.. and here it is:
I'm grateful that:

My mom taught me how to really clean
My dad taught me the importance of good old fashioned hard work
I took the time to learn how to cook
My parents never forced me to eat my vegetables..or anything really
My mom made sure I had some social skills
I had my own room in high school
My mom and I argued a lot when I lived at home.. it's given us a really healthy respect for each other
and.. I'm really grateful that I wasn't completely spoiled growing up

1 comment:

  1. hmm...yeah, I wish I had learned how to cook more things when I was at home (trying to make up for that this summer..).

    I like the grey layout too! :D

    ReplyDelete