Friday, October 16, 2009

Leave Unsaid Unspoken



The sound of the piano trickles over her skin like musical raindrops.
She closes her eyes.
This here is her place, no one ever has..nor will enter into it.
A place where each thought slows until it decides to make sense.
The words she hears give definition to the confusion of her heart.
Each combination of notes, each melody, harmony, chord, and progression fill every hole. All except one.
She lay. Feeling the comforting scratch of dry carpet against her delicate skin that has felt so much,
Skin she wishes she could shed for new. She listens as the music crawls in and fills up the space. She welcomes it with an open soul, greeting each discovery with relief. When she hurts, this world of music hurts to.
We cry. We laugh. We speak. We scream. We hope. We wish. We hide. We dream.
This is what keeps her head up.



This is what hurts

Cause these boys only listen to me when I sing...
And I don't feel like singing tonight all the same songs...
No right minds could wrong be this many times
Defending intentions if he fails
Mine was so easy to uncover
He'd already left with the other

1 comment:

  1. So many times I pray for your happiness and yet I can't tell but you probably already are. Your writing is just so strong that I can never tell. I hope you find someone that can speak to you heart and will listen to you as well.

    I haven't been on for a while. Out of commission with homework and such and I decide to check in and wow... this is absolutely beautiful and so terribly emotional at the same time. Absolutely amazing work!

    ReplyDelete