Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where Might It Have Gone?

As of late.. I've experienced a lot of foreign emotions. Which is weird.. because I pretty much thought I'd felt them all.

But for the past few weeks I've been feeling tired...exhausted... of the love story.

I'm a romantic girl. I never tired of living vicariously through the beautiful love stories I saw in the movies.. smiling inwardly when I saw a couple cuddling, or holding hands, thinking about my future love, reading and talking about it. It seemed as though love, romance, and passion was the very oxygen I used to sustain my absolutely average life.

Now...

I'm tired of it.

I feel terrible sometimes for feeling this way. Almost as if I'm betraying my own nature.

I find myself avoiding romantic movies...reaching instead for action or (this is exceptionally distressing) documentaries.

I no longer smile at the couples..rather walk quickly by..ignoring their seemingly inconsiderate infatuation with each other.

Am I becoming bitter?

Please no..I'm still young.

I still find myself yearning for that someone. But I don't want to think about it, watch it, read it, or see it.

What is happening to me?

Maybe it's just a phase. After some good alone time, perhaps I will reunite with my romance.

It does feel weird to be separated from it.


1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, I hate that feeling. But I love documentaries. My mom knows of some really good food ones, if you're looking for suggestions:)

    Call me. :) It's been almost a week :(

    ReplyDelete