Tuesday, June 9, 2009

There is something about..

There's something about:
thunderstorms, that makes me feel like I'm on the edge of an adventure
rearranging the furniture, that makes me feel like I've moved into a new place
laughing, that makes me want to find everything funny
sweatpants, that makes me wish I was more athletic
crying, that makes me feel like an ant that should be digging a hole in the dirt
surfing the internet, that makes me feel slightly hopeless
seth cohen on the OC, that gives me faith in truly humorous men
riding a bike, that makes me feel simultaneously 8 years old and incredibly adult
job interviews, that make me feel like I'm in the real world
Best friends, that make me want to be a better person
reading a book, that takes me to another world that no matter the problems always seems better than the one I'm living in.
the wind rushing through the leaves, that makes me want to write poetry
turtles in an aquarium, that makes me young, innocent, and unrealistically happy about the small things.
raw music, that makes me feel part of everything

There's something about this life I'm living, so outrageously ordinary, yet in it's own way the life I've always wanted to live. It's everything I expected except harder. Moments ago so full of hope.. now just swimming upstream against a current that is so much stronger than I am. But everyone has to make the journey.. I guess I just have to get some upper body muscles to claw my way through. I never say what I mean. 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this post. You know me, I'm a compulsive list maker, and most of my lists are about as random as this one. loved it.

    ReplyDelete