Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Be Yourself by Audioslave

So I was thinking today... what does it mean to love yourself?
What does that feel like? Is it that feeling you get when you put on a new outfit and you're pretty darn sure you look way better than normal? Or is it recognizing that you have way too many quirks and faults and then realizing that you're okay with it? Maybe it's just not hating yourself..
Sometimes I feel like a tourist in my own mind, wandering around with my little fanny pack and sunglasses looking excitedly at everything and taking little snapshots of the most random thoughts and ideas that are bouncing around. Other times I feel like an 85 year old who's spent the last 50 years in the same libary.. knowing exactly where everything is and what's inside each little nook and cranny..
I've heard it countless times.. how can you love someone else when you don't love yourself? In a way it makes sense.. how can I feel comfortable with someone else when I don't even feel comfortable in my own body.. but then again it's so easy to love someone who's everything you don't think you are... right? I don't know.. I'm trying to love myself.. but I'm not exactly sure how because I'm not exactly sure how that feels.. I'm confident.. independent.. I don't really care what other people think about me(atleast not all the time).. I don't hate myself(atleast not all the time).
Maybe it's one of those things that you know it when it happens to you..
Check out Be Yourself by Audioslave...
"And even when you've paid enough, been pulled apart or been held up
With every single memory of the good or bad faces of luck
don't lose any sleep tonight
I'm sure everything will end up alright"

No comments:

Post a Comment