Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Means Remembering

Uh.. so I guess Memorial Day is actually code for remembering exactly how your mother taught you to clean everything...
Today is a cleaning day.. Which I like sometimes. I guess holidays are perfect for doing all that stuff you put off doing in between them.. atleast that's kind of how it's been for me the last couple of holidays.. namely.. Valentines Day, Mother's Day, my birthday(okay doesn't really count as a holiday but.. you know), and most recently Memorial Day.
So I'm trying to decide if I'm bitter about it.. or if I actually do enjoy it.
Pros and Cons:
pro:It's nice to have a day to catch up on everything
con:It kinda sucks not having too many friends around to hang out with
pro: A quiet house is relaxing
con: A quiet house is lonely
pro: You can do whatever you want..
con: You're supposed to be celebrating something.. but you're kind of not
Okay.. just a little bit of a vent session.. I guess it's a good thing.. I don't have to celebrate every holiday in a fantastic way to enjoy the day.. It is nice to catch up on everything... I can do whatever I want..
But I miss my family..
Growing up isn't as cool as the movies make it.. but sometimes it is
Okay.. the bathroom is calling.. back to loud music and talking to myself so I can hear how my thoughts sound out loud..
Happy Memorial Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment