Monday, April 30, 2012

Goodbye

Goodbyes have never been especially difficult for me. I have always thought that there's no use being sad over what's left behind, because there are always more exciting things ahead. I don't cry, and I always sort of wonder at people who do. Goodbyes have been easy for me.

Except for this goodbye. This one has been extraordinarily sad. And I'm not quite sure how to handle it.

I'm crying, and I can't even stop. Maybe it's because this thing we had was just getting started and I'm not ready to let go, or maybe it's because I've become comfortable and this change seems a little scary. I'm not the type to be scared of the unknown but to be honest, I'm a little nervous.

I've come to depend on you, and knowing that you won't be there and that we might never have these moments again is terrifyingly heart-breaking. I know I'll be fine, and maybe I'm a little over dramatic but I'm going to feel this ache and hold it for tonight, so that tomorrow I can remember all the good we had. I'll miss you.. like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment