Monday, February 28, 2011

Mornings When Visions of the Future Are What You Wake Up To


I want to feel nothing but the reverberating bass in my chest and I want to dance with it
I want to sing until my throat hurts and my voice has left me
I want to see the turquoise water and the white sandy beaches on the coast of Samoa,
I want to take in the beauty of this world. All of it.
I want to hear the laughter of those I love and smile at their joy.
I want to inspire action, and facilitate change.
I want to play the piano as if the love for the instrument hadn't been practiced out of me.
I want to read. Escape to worlds long past, and worlds far future.
I want to haggle for pricing at a market in a
foreign language.
I want a cottage as my home.
A home that is always open.
With a garden outside my window.
With a few dogs and a few kids having adventures in the back yard.
With a kitchen always full
Full of sunshine, wonderful food, chatter and stories.
I want a husband.
A husband who will smile and kiss me.
I want peaceful nights, and early mornings.
I want my wounds to heal
and to find a place where I won't get any more.
I want to forget.
Forget about everything except for what I learned.
I want to create.
I want to live in my swimsuit and work at a surf shop
I want to be in the sun, and warm water
I want to meet a million people and always be close to my best friend
I want to go out every night
to bonfires on the beach
and clubs and hole-in-the-wall pubs.
I want my skin to tan.
I want to feel.
I want to live life the best I can.
I want to take advantage of the time that's been given.
I want...



No comments:

Post a Comment