Sunday, February 6, 2011

3rd Fun Thing and El Salvador


So, the third fun thing this year was (surprisingly) the Super Bowl! Laura and I made a super bowl cake which I'm very proud of :)

We enjoyed the super bowl with an apartment full of friends, purple drink, and queso. Go Packers!



Next on my life "to do" list is visit another country on a humanitarian trip. I was recently accepted into the HELP International program in El Salvador and I leave in May! I'm really excited for this opportunity to help build up the community in San Salvador and make a lasting difference in the lives of the people there.

To document my preparations and my trip I've created another blog called Adventures in Republica de El Salvador. The url is brittselsalvador.blogspot.com. It's in the making right now, but visit when you get the chance and I'd love to keep you all updated!

My room mate and I started P90X this past week, and I'm definitely feeling the effects. But it feels really good to be exercising. I can't wait until I feel strong and healthy. Beginning of week 2 starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!

1 comment: