Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Love is Issun

So.. as of late my muse has, in a way, left me to my own. I think that somehow muse might be related to romance.. maybe I can't have one without the other. In light of my situation I will merely document.


My Halloween night was highly uneventful. I went to work, came home and went to bed. That's the end of that story.


This is the most exciting part of my Halloween day however.. It goes like this:

Jess, Ana and I decided to take a trip to the Humane Society to look for a dog for Jess's boyfriend. We looked and looked and found so many wonderful dogs and puppies. We fell in love with the most amazing little golden lab as well as an adult pit bull named Princess. We called the landlord and asked ever so politely if they would mind if we got a dog. To my astonishment they acquiesed. We were half way there! Now we just needed to decided which one we wanted.

We decided to take a break from deciding and visit the kittens. We played and cuddled and oohed and ahhed.

Then

One of the shelter managers walked in carrying the tiniest kitten I've ever beheld..and said "Can some one please take this kitten?" Which actually was a kind of funny statement considering we three were the only ones present in the room.

Our concerned and questioning faces must have registed quite visibly to the woman because she went on to explain that the shelter was over capacity for kittens and that this one was going to need special attention that the shelter didn't have time (due to their over capacity numbers) to take care of.

We looked at each other... and after a second the decision was made. We'd take the little guy.

We now have a 4th member of our little family. His name is Issun. It's japanese for "little one inch" He's only 3 weeks old. Abandoned by his mother and left in a field. We have to bottle feed him every couple of hours, and clean him, and basically do everything for him because he's too little. But we love him. And I think we really did save a life. It's day number 4 with the little monster and he gets cuter every day.

I don't have my camera with me so below is a picture I found on the internet of what he pretty much looks like.

We just love him :) Even though he does need round the clock attention. :)

1 comment:

  1. :3 That is possibly the CUTEST little kitten I have ever seen :o (Sorry Lillith). Can I has him?

    ReplyDelete